WGSS welcomes students who have successfully completed WGSS-related coursework at post-secondary institutions to have that coursework evaluated for transfer credit equivalency. During the University’s admissions process, official transcripts are reviewed for equivalent transfer credit through the Transfer Credit Center (read more about Ohio State’s Transfer Admission criteria and application). After this initial evaluation, some coursework may need further assessment by the academic department that relates to the coursework. At the request of the student, WGSS-related coursework can be evaluated by the WGSS Transfer Credit Coordinator.
If you have transfer credits that need further evaluation, please email the department’s Academic Advisor and Transfer Credit Coordinator, Sarah Dunlap, at email@example.com.. Transfer credit is not evaluated during advising appointments.
Information Need to Process Transfer Credit:
- Your name, Ohio State email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Ohio State student ID number
- A list of the courses that you would like to have evaluated along with the names of the institutions where you completed these courses
- A PDF ofr your advising report
- A copy of the course syllabus (note: must include the course readings/textbooks and a course schedule)
- A PDF copy of your transfer credit report
Delivering Transfer Credit Martierals:
Via email: Sarah Dunlap, at email@example.com
In Person: 338 University Hall
After office hours, please slide paperwork under the door
- If you elect to provide hardcopies of print materials, please ensure they are copies (not originals); no materials will be returned to you.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for a reply to your transfer credit inquiry.
- Syllabi originally published in any language other than English mush have an original copy and a certified translation of the original syllabus.
- WGSS only evaluates WGSS-related coursework. All other transfer credit mush be evaluated by its respective department. This link provides a list of transfer credit coordinators and their contact information.