Meg Downing is the temporary advisor for Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies majors and minors. The WGSS advisor is also the transfer credit coordinator for the WGSS Department. Meg can assist with all advising-related tasks, including the major or minor declaration process, General Education requirements, special academic and career opportunities, graduation requirements including application for graduation, college policies and procedures, selecting WGSS courses to finish your major and minor, and make referrals to other professionals on campus. All majors are required to meet with Meg to declare and establish an initial major program. Minors may declare through their major advisor. Any program changes must be reviewed and approved before applying for graduation.
To schedule an appointment with Meg:
Visit 100 Denney Hall
Reasons to schedule an advising appointment:
- To learn more about the WGSS undergraduate program
- To declare a WGSS major or minor
- To plan your courses for the upcoming semester(s)
- To obtain credit for an internship
- To obtain credit for a study abroad program
- To petition for a change in the WGSS minor or major curriculum
- To obtain transfer credit for a WGSS course from another university
- To learn about and plan for GE requirements
- To gain assistance with college policies and procedures
- To file for graduation
For additional information, visit the Arts and Sciences Advising website.